Monday, November 8, 2010

Walked where Jesus walked (for sure)

Too many great things have happened this week. But here are three of my favorites:

1. We went on a field trip to Herodian Jerusalem which means we did the Burnt House (ruins from the second temple period), Davidson Archaeological Park, and the Wohl Museum. We walked where Jesus walked. Favorite quotes:

· RaeLynn: “I thought I walked where Jesus walked in the Kotel Tunnel. That’s why I stood there.”

· Andrew: “What is this, a Geico commercial?”

2. A small group went to Tel Aviv and played in the Mediterranean Sea. We got gelatos and then walked around the city. I precipitously wanted to become an indelible part of that city (look it up, Catie). Favorite quotes:

· Kylie: “I told my mom I was dating someone on April fool’s and she didn’t believe me.”

· Austin: “We tied at fun to fun.”

3. We went to the separation wall and while crossing the crazy streets of Jerusalem where you must always be on your guard, I didn’t pay attention for one second and almost got hit. Thank goodness my hero/friend, James, was there. I hope he considers this extremely public gratitude adequate recompense.

5 comments:

  1. "Played in the Mediterranean Sea." You're so casual about such a cool thing! What an amazing life you are living. Don't be jealous, but today, I sat where Justin sat. On the couch. His bum imprint was still there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessa, every time I read your blog, I laugh so hard, and tell EVERYONE in the JC computer lab how funny you are! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true. I was there, and Lizzie DID tell me how funny your blog was. Luckily, I already knew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids want to give a shout out to their fave aunt:

    Ha: Hope you're having a good time!
    Is: Hi Tessa!
    Al: I want Tessa to send us money like Lindsey does.
    Gr: The chickens are in our garden.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to buy their love!! Tessa could learn a thing or two about that!

    ReplyDelete