Friday, September 3, 2010

Welcome to Jerusalem

Today is officially my first day in the Holy Land. Everything here is perfect. This truly is a mini Zion. I get along so well with everyone here, the teachers and staff are so friendly, but most of all, the city is spectacular. When I walked into the building, I thought, “this is the most beautiful building I’ve ever been in…and I get to live here”. I can’t wait to do everything here. Before the orientation meeting, Brother Ohman was playing the organ, and as he was playing, the blinds in the auditorium open to reveal the nightscape of Jerusalem. It is truly the most beautiful city I’ve ever seen. And being in the center is like living in a museum. It’s better than I ever could have anticipated. I’m trying to absorb all the sights and sounds. One of the first things we heard when we got here was the call to prayer. Then we heard the cannon which invited everyone to eat (iftar) since it was sundown. We all just stood on our balconies and watched all the Christmas lights light up all the balconies in the city. It is simply spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment