Thursday, November 25, 2010

Late Post

Sorry, this was supposed to go up two weeks ago, but our internet was down and then we were gone for 11 days. So, these are the highlights from a fortnight thither.

  1. I went to the Shuk for the first time. The Shuk is the open-air market where locals go to buy produce and other miscellanea. I loved it. I bought a warm pita for half a shekel and a scrunchie for a whole shekel. Both were worthwhile investments and both were utilized and retired the same day.
  2. I took a New Testament midterm. It was hard, but great. Nothing’s better than studying some synoptic pericopes with a little bit o’ exposition. (Just for you, Lindsay).
  3. Orientation for our Galilee trip. I’ll be sans internet for two weeks, so I won’t be updating for a while. But the orientation was excellent, like all of our meetings in the forum.

· Lisa: “Can you say with full confidence that there will be shampoo and conditioner provided?”
Dr. Jackson: “I’ll admit. I’m not a heavy user of those products. But I believe they do have some sort of concoction that acts for all purposes.”

Me: “Nothing beats a good 3 in 1.”

· Lizzy: “And how you have to have three people after dark? That’s just gonna turn into a third wheel situation.”

2 comments:

  1. Be careful of burning through your shekels too quickly. You never know when you might run into some frankincense or myrrh oil. The Christmas dishes came down from the attic today and Lightwood Duo soothed me while driving. Christmas is coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe my name made the tessa blog quote list (even though Dr.J's comment was really the reason for the posting, but "I'm just sayin")! i feel like i could die a satisfied woman

    ReplyDelete