Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bethlehem

Super cool experience and our last venture into the West Bank. The city is surrounded by an enormous cement barrier that gives it the feeling of a prison, but the inside of the city is one of the most beautiful cities I’ve ever seen. We spend some time just walking around the city, but also:

1. Went to the Church of the Nativity. The oldest continuously functioning Christian church on earth and also the least functioning continuous snooze fest of my life. Admittedly, the church was undergoing some significant reconstruction, but we were in line for two hours for the grotto which I didn’t actually get to see because an old lady with blue eye shadow pushed me out the door. Fortunately, I was listening to Christmas music the whole time, so I still felt the intended spirit.

2. Got to spend some time mingling with the students at Bethlehem University.
Me: “So, what’s it like going to school here?”
Bethlehem University Student: "Good."
James: “Do you know Shakira?”
Bethlehem University Student: “Yes!”
James: “Waka Waka??!!!”
Bethlehem University Student: “Waka Waka!”

3. Enjoyed a spectacular lunch with spectacular people in a tent.
Me: "Isn't it great to escape to the bomb shelter sometimes?"
Andrew: "The real bomb shelter? Or your own personal bomb shelter?"

Dallin, Lindsey, and Blair: “These puns aren’t very tomato. Dangit.” I miss you guys.

3 comments:

  1. It's funny no matter how you spinach! Ha ha! I don't think Smallysmalls can read Reddit very often so we'll have to be JokeExplainer for him! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessa, can I be as cool as you are one day? I LOVE your blog, but love you more. Thanks for always making me laugh. You're the best to come home to every night pahah

    ReplyDelete