Friday, October 22, 2010

Tov, Tov Week

1. Passover. Our Judaism teacher helped us celebrate an early Passover. At this particular Passover, it was emphasized that the telling of the exodus is mostly for the children and so we made it a little more interesting, i.e. ending with a rap with pneumonic numerical symbolism. I didn’t get to look for the Afikomen this year, but I have a feeling I’ll get another chance.

2. Red Sea (Eilat snorkeling). This day was awesome for a lot of reasons:

· I got to wear Lisa’s mu-mu. (It’s getting passed around to every girl at the center. It magically fits us all).

· Taking underwater engagement pics of Andrew and Stephanie. I can’t lie, I’m 10,000% jealous.

· Spending some quality mall time with Johnathon and James. Good good people.

· Touching a gargantuan purple fish.

· Cow Kibbutz. (K-I-B, B-U-T-Z, we’re in a kibbutz and happy are we). And chocolate milk in a bag is the best invention of all time.

· Bus dance party. DJ Melia rocks.

3. Talent Schmalent Show. Easily the best part of my week. I’m not super into talent shows, but somehow, that night will forever be engrained in my mind as one of the funniest nights of my whole life. Thanks to a lot of incredible untalent and our brilliant MCs, Brandt and Andrew.

  • Brandt: “Doesn’t that just make you want to start a family?”

Andrew: “Yes, separately.”

  • Brandt: “Who’s your favorite rightly guided Caliph?”

Andrew: “I’m a Abu Bakr man, myself.”

Brandt: “But where would we be without 'Uthman b. 'Affan?”

Andrew: “True.”

  • Andrew: “C-Bass and Sister Ann “Kickin Bod” Killian.”

3 comments:

  1. Talent Show. Maybe the best night of life. At least it definitely wasn't the worst.
    Fave part: Charles dancing while whistling and Sis Killian killing herself over it.
    Second fave part: Brandt making jokes and no one laughing, except me, who was sitting by herself in the front row.
    Third favorite part: I cried for an entire hour because of how hard I was laughing.

    Let's have another bus dance party. Or a dance party with Robert Buss. Either one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are people pre-orderng your CD of "I Don't Want to Be Alone this Christmas (But It's Better Than Being With You)"? I heard that rocked the house at the untalent show.

    Contract is being drawn up. It's definitely Top 40 material. Move over Miley. This season it's Tessa.

    ReplyDelete